The blog is evolving!

Stay tuned for new features including journey maps, some missing posts, linked photo albums, minor tweaks and ultimately... the earlier trips...

Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 22 - ENG

Cookie says...
Once we were up and about, we headed into town to pick up Sarah's house key. We made our way there and put on some washing then found ourselves a bar for lunch and a few drinkies. Sussed out some more about the weekends trip and decided to go see Jumper at the movies. After the movie we headed back to Sarah's to meet her and Gavin but it was a race against time to pick up Julie's coat which we'd deposited at the dry cleaners. The London road network isn't the swiftest going and our bus terminated several hundred metres short of our stop with minutes to spare. We made it though and Julie was thrilled to have a clean coat again.


For those who can't hear the annoying 'Mind the gap' announcements...


Sarah made it home and joined Julie, Gavin and I at an Indian place for dinner. The food was alright and the Cobra beers Gavin and I had were huge. I could only drink one and a half which resulted in copping it that I'd been out drunk by my girlfriend, especially when we went to the pub afterwards and I didn't drink anything.

Gavin headed home and Julie and I stayed at Sarah's place for the night.

Julz says...
Well, compared with the last few days of tripping around Austria, today was relatively cushy. Got up later than usual and tried desperately to find somewhere for Cookie to have a full english breakfast, but failed miserably. By the time we got to Sarah's to drop off our stuff and do washing, it was past midday, so we headed to the local for a big lunch and free wireless internet. I especially savoured the cidar... which means I have become way too english. The afternoon consisted of heading to the movies, running back to get my coat, and meeting the gang at the restaurant for dinner. If Cookie was trying to impress me at any point today, his hopes went through the floor when I did in fact out drink him. And it wasn't even a challenge! Personally, I think his age is finally catching up with him...

No comments:

Post a Comment