The blog is evolving!

Stay tuned for new features including journey maps, some missing posts, linked photo albums, minor tweaks and ultimately... the earlier trips...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 34 - ENG

Bit of a late start today as I wanted to catch up on the blogging. Also took a call from the mortgage broker and there's another damn interest rate rise coming through. At this rate I think I'll get my townhouse in the year 2015 and I'll be paying 18.5% interest!

Dropped some stuff off at Sarah's and it was nice to be able to walk around town without a heavy load on my back. So I headed to the transport museum which was quite a good thing to see. It covered the evolution from horse drawn carts and ferries to trams, buses and trains. WW2 had it's impact and half the employees headed off to fight so the women stepped up to the plate. They also noted that the war didn't stop the transport system although 60,000 bus windows were damaged (excluding destroyed busses) and tube stations were used as shelters, although that didn't entirely mean you were safe from the bombings.

Did some more random walking around town then picked up my stuff from Sarah's work and trained it to Chafford Hundred where I met Julie at a cafe. Actually, I was so focused on getting to where I had to meet her I managed to walk right past her in the queue where she was ordering herself a drink. Whoops! She had some things to sort out and afterwards we went to Wagga Mamma's for some Japanese which was pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Cookie,

    Kevin07 took the blame for this interest rise. True, it was in the paper!

    Good to see they have Wagga Mamma's over there too. Good food.

    ReplyDelete