The blog is evolving!

Stay tuned for new features including journey maps, some missing posts, linked photo albums, minor tweaks and ultimately... the earlier trips...

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 4 - NZ

Quote of the Day
"My bum's too wide for the slide, I have to go sideways!" - Cookie

Cookie says...
As we had 4 of 5 day passes and Morgan had modified his L3, we took the day off and went on a road trip instead. First stop was Arrowtown where I think we spent more time skimming stones than looking around.


Dad... here's a replacement van for you and mum!


After finishing with the main drag, we made tracks for Cardrona via the Crown Range. It's a bit of a windy road and Ben was feeling a little green around the gills by the time we'd arrived at our destination.

I have only ever driven through Cardrona but it's soo small that if you blink, you will miss it. We stopped there for lunch at the hotel and we all had a good feed. Shortly after finishing we piled back into the car and were off to Wanaka.


Morgan reckons there are similarities between the sound of a bellow
and my breathing while asleep


The others agreed that Wanaka is wonderful. It's not as big or busy as QT and probably even prettier.


Wanaka is nice from any angle


Several decades ago (according to Sarah) when I was 11 we passed through here on a family trip and there was a park with a dinosaur slide. My mission was to have a go on it, just like the good ol' days. I think they must have replaced it with a smaller one because I didn't quite fit in the slide and had to slide down sideways.


Oh, I'm stuck...


There were also some shenanigans to be had on some of the other playground equipment, much to the amusement of the mothers that were there.


Ben tried getting even for making him feel sick
by spinning me on this seat thing but I had a blast!


It was getting late in the day so we left to complete a big tough lap by driving through Cromwell to get back to QT. It was fairly uneventful apart from the pretend screaming accident that Gurti and I simulated which attracted a memorable facial expression from a sleeping Morgan. Ben slept through it.


Ben was gobsmacked by the beauty of the views we drove past


Beno and I cooked up taco's and enchilada's and we had another quite night in.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't the things called bellows not billows?

    Mikey says he's saying 'something' on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So they are, thanks. Corrected.

    And I'm impressed even if you sound like Mim :)

    ReplyDelete