The blog is evolving!

Stay tuned for new features including journey maps, some missing posts, linked photo albums, minor tweaks and ultimately... the earlier trips...

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 20 - FR

Cookie says...
The promise of snow meant it was cloudy today. We had a slightly later start due to no private lesson. I saw the kiddies on the slopes for a bit (they are coming along) and then headed back up.


As expected if you went high enough, you break through the cloud but all the runs were ending in the cloud. Sometimes it was almost a whiteout and you're left questioning where you are.

I tools downed mid arvo and headed home for a late lunch. Julz and Bron sorted out dinner and after that we cracked out the cards and dice.

Julie says...
Today we tried to pretend we knew what we were doing without Georges-Alan. We spent the entire time reciting "down, up and turn" as we weaved our way down the hill. I managed ten runs down Savoy without a fall (I'm quite impressed with myself), and am looking forward to showing Georges-Alan my brilliance tomorrow - I know he will be impressed.


On a seperate note, today was the first since the trip started when Cookie failed to make a reference to Asterix.

Sarah says...
It was nice to sleep in today. Practiced so that Georges-Alan would not be disappointed tomorrow. On the short runs my technique is improving and it would be good to have more time here so that my muscles could properly adjust and I could continue to get better.

Pilty says...
Pretty successful day. Not only did I manage to ski and not fall over, I also managed to get down the slopes without stopping. I even outlasted the girls in duration. Still not sure why they are all complaining about hurting. There was only one person out there who was always in the wrong positions, and I wasn't hurting. Today was also the first day it snowed. I now know the difference between snow and light rain.

Bronwen says...
Out of eight runs down Savoy, the second was a complete disaster. As a result of a rather spectacular fall on a patch of ice, I am sporting a bruise the size of a small South Pacific nation which is the colour of a rather lovely eggplant. I am continuing to have a pain party in my pants which has been joined by a pain party in my jumper... even my bingo wings hurt. Les Houches tomorrow... may the force be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment