The blog is evolving!

Stay tuned for new features including journey maps, some missing posts, linked photo albums, minor tweaks and ultimately... the earlier trips...

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 22 - FR

Cookie says...
Last full day in Chamonix today and while my body doesn't agree, it's a shame that we can't spend it up the hill.


The weather has got the best of the place and the lifts around the town are closed. So instead we did some shopping, nerding, carding, dicing and Bron looked after a three course meal for dinner before we saw the new year in.

Julie says...
With it pelting down with snow, lifts closed and avalanche canons firing in the background, I decided that staying indoors was the best idea. That and my lung convulsions were becoming stronger and the idea of getting pneumonia is not all that appealing.


Cookie and I bought the customary ski shirts of the area (because Cookie needs more shirts about snowboarding....) and then spent the rest of the day inside - a nice way to spend the last day of 2011 in my view.

Sarah says...
After having my butt kicked by Les Houches yesterday I decided it was time to turn my ski's in before I killed myself or someone else. After a nice day of rest we had an awesome dinner cooked primarily by one B. Pyle with the help of one J. Cook. Lovely dinner ladies! Saw in 2012 with perhaps a little less fanfare than in the past but fun nonetheless.

Pilty says...
Today was a day of ups and downs.

Downs: Cable car to Aiguille du Midi was once again closed, which this time ruined my chance at going on a date with Bron. The French aren't really into celebrating New Year’s (not even fireworks on TV). Weather was terrible (rainy). Last day of Chamonix (effectively the last day of my trip).

Ups: Didn't catch any of the sickness going around. Had a relaxing day in at home. Chefs (Julie/Bron) worth their weight in gold. Illegal fireworks launched due to no proper ones organised.

Bronwen says...
After the triumph of Les Houches yesterday, I decided to part ways with my skis on a high. Today has been about some rest and relaxation. It was a great NYE dinner followed by seeing in 2012 with a glass of bubbly in hand. Chamonix was going off last night with all the amateur fireworks - is there anything that the French can't do?

No comments:

Post a Comment